mandag den 15. september 2014

DAY 365 (Travel Epilogue)



 
 
At long last, I have come full circle, and my travels are - in spite of my best efforts to pretend otherwise - almost at an end.

As I stand here in Copenhagen Airport, where this journey began almost exactly one year ago, one particular e
motion easily banishes the slow and inexorable assault of the post travel blues; a humbling and profound sense of gratitude!

I return to my country at financial rock bottom with nothing but the worn out clothes on my back - but in all other respects I am wealthier than I could ever have hoped to be. I would be hard pressed to point out a year of my life as extraordinary as this one, and it remains a fact that my adventures would never have been the same without the kindness, company and hospitality of the people around me abroad and the love and support of my family, friends and colleagues at home.

So to punctuate a year adrift, as I return to Denmark (and the job market) left is only for me to say a massive, resounding, heartfelt and deeply grateful THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU!

To all of you.

For all the adventures, the stories, the beers and the company. For the roofs over my head, the coffees, the witty remarks, advice and recommendations. For reading some of the public diary that is my silly little blog, for following the pictures of my journey and for inspiring me to leave in the first place. For showing me nooks and crannies of the world I never knew existed and for showering me with kindness when nothing was due. For inviting me into your homes, for feeding me, for introducing me to extraordinary people and for spending your time with me. For the cars and transportation, for being silly, for the couches, the friendship, the hugs and shared expenses. For being my guide, for all the loads of laundry, for all the smiles, the laughter and for all the unforgettable memories.

The kindness and hospitality that has been extended to me in the last 365 days and through 11 countries (Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand) has been as humbling as it has been invaluable.

I am truly in your debt, and I sincerely hope to be able to repay the favors to all who have been there for me - from those of you who shared even the smallest piece of my journey to those who went through fire and ice at my side. My door (once I have acquired such a thing) will always be open to you, and there will always be a cold beer waiting in the fridge!

Thank you! Tak! Shokran! Cảm ơn ông! Aw kohn! Khàwp khun khrap! Arrigato! Terima kasih! Kia ora!

Stay in touch!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar